Shell Canada demonstrates Qnergy’s double bottom line!
PowerGen outperforms the sector on both economic and climate benefits.
Qnergy trial was installed at a Shell wellpad site in Groundbirch, British Columbia in January 2019. The Shell Engineering Group that conducted the testing receives the Low Carbon Award for installing a PowerGen!
Among Shell’s findings:
- The PowerGen unit operated perfectly, supplying 1000W of mission-critical power and 150 meters of a hot glycol heat trace.
- Qnergy’s Stirling engine provided an impressive 30% thermal-to-electric efficiency while maintaining a 0 VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions.
- Qnergy SmartView IoT system allows Shell to track operation and performance 24×7 from any location. It fits into the digitization transformation.
- The trial has shown that the PowerGen reduces GHG emissions, relative to Thermo Electric Generators and Fuel Cells, while offering a significantly lower Total Installed Cost.
- The PowerGen has operated successfully at ambient temperatures down to -40°C throughout this trial.
Qnergy is grateful for the opportunity and remains committed to continue to supply reliable power to help our customers mitigate emissions and streamline their operations.